This family owned 5 star resorts is situated along an untouched white beach on the East Coast of Zanzibar. The blend of African, Portuguese, Arab and European culture has created a great fusion that is visible in everything from the architecture to the décor to the cuisine. There are various private spots in and around the resort that offer an escape from the typical commotion of civilization.
- The Palms has six villas, each over 140 square meters with a bedroom, living room, full en suite bathroom, and dressing room, extra room with its own en suite bathroom & large furnished terrace with views of the Indian Ocean.
- Each villa features a sophisticated interior composition in all colors of coffee and cream where filmy caramel colored curtains billow, dark grained polished floors extend and the decor is a unique marriage of colonial grandeur and traditional design.
- Other amenities included in the room are mini bar, safe deposit box, air conditioning, telephone, satellite TV & DVD player and standing bar/tea-making services.
- The resorts boast of a driftwood bar, which is a few steps from the blue mosaic swimming pool. Popular cocktails are served every evening during sundowners.
- The restaurant presents a wonderful dining experience, where the chefs create unique cuisine, which blends exotic spices, fruits and flavors of the island.
- Guests can enjoy a variety of treatments and therapies, all aimed at relieving the negative impacts of modern lifestyles such as stress and exhaustion. All pampering is carried out in a quiet and private setting.
- Beach activities such as sand castle building; games of football and volleyball can be arranged.
- Scuba diving, biking, windsurfing, sailing and pedal boats are also available.
- Half and full day excursions to Prison Island tour and Jozani Forest tour can be organized. Take the historical Stone Town tour or the Spice tour