Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge is set high on the saddle of tree-clad ridge commanding panoramic views over the endlessly rolling plains and volcanic reefs of Serengeti National Park. This lodge is the ultimate fusion of traditional African architecture and world class style. Centrally located adjacent to the famous Western Corridor and Grumeti River, the lodge has been designed to blend completely into the living landscape. A series of traditional domed ‘rondavels’ are widely spaced throughout the grounds, which are cooled by groves of acacia trees and watered by sparkling streams.
- All 66 guest rooms with 53 twin bed units, 10 triples and a suite, all have private balconies with views of the Serengeti plains.
- In addition, these rooms have private entrance, spacious bedroom, natural stone bathroom and intricately carved furniture.
- The lodge has a two-tier dining room are supported by massive papyrus-topped pillars and embellished with sumptuous traditional ‘Makonde’ carvings. Outside is a circular terrace, which looks out over the grounds towards the ‘disappearing horizon’ swimming pool.
- The lodge staff can also arrange bush breakfasts, lunches, dinners or cocktails.
- 24 – hour electricity
- Gift shop
- Conference, meeting and incentive services are available, complete with PA system, LCD overhead projector, podium, flip charts and marker pens, delegate pads, pens/pencils, individual mineral water supply.
- Business support (secretarial services, photo-copying, WiFi) and a full range of global communications is also available.
- Cultural activities include traditional dancing, and slide presentations by naturalists.
- Game drives and wildlife watching can be organized.
- Guest could also experience the once in a life time balloon safaris across the Serengeti plains.
Serengeti Wildlife Lodge
Seronera Wildlife Lodge is situated in one of the most important spots of Serengeti National Park. The lodge is artfully constructed round a rocky outcrop from glass and wood elements, perfectly blending into its surrounding. Seronera is located in the migratory route, and it provides front seat viewing of the annual migration of wildebeest, an extraordinary natural phenomenon. At the edge of the Seronera River, this is the ideal starting location for safaris to discover and explore the wildlife of Africa: lions, cheetahs and elephants.
- The lodge’s 75 rooms afford stunning views of over a million wildebeest as they migrate from Kenya to Lake Victoria to escape the drought.
- Elegantly decorated in authentic African style, the modern rooms offer King-size beds and are fully equipped with ensuite bathrooms, central heating and a host of luxury amenities
- The Chui restaurant offers delights of gourmet menus both in local and international recipes.
- The Ikoma sundowner outdoor bar, overlooking the Serengeti plains. This is an ideal place to enjoy the sunset over the Serengeti.
- Other services offered in the lodge include housekeeping services, laundry, communication facilities like telephone and radio.
- The lodge has a swimming pool, 24-hour reception, mailing, currency exchange facilities, fax, major credit cards accepted as well as safes.
- Activities include game drives, balloon safaris, board games as well as cultural visits to the local massai ‘bomas’
Serengeti Sopa Lodge
Serengeti Sopa Lodge is nestled in the acacia woodlands on the edge of the escarpment overlooking the plains of south-western Serengeti National Park and host to the largest and most spectacular annual migration of the wildebeest.
- The lodge has 79 suites, each room having wall-to-wall carpeting, a private lounge with a mini bar, a bedroom with two queen size beds and an en-suite bathroom with a private verandah which offers stunning views over the plains of Serengeti.
- Facilities in the lodge include a large swimming pool, laundry and valet services, evening turn down services and a gift shop.
- Cultural activities include traditional dancing, and slide presentations by lodge naturalists.
- Organized game drives and balloon safaris by lodge staff.
Lobo Wildlife Lodge
Lobo Wildlife Lodge is situated on the northern most part of Serengeti National Park. Strategically built into an enormous volcanic rocky outcrop, Lobo wildlife lodge is considered to be one of the most beautiful lodges in Tanzania with breathtaking views of the Serengeti plains, thanks to the area’s elevated position.
Lobo is also set on the migratory route of over one million wildebeest in their desperate struggle for survival. This lodge invites you to an unforgettable safari experience from its privileged location, unrivalled by any other, both for game viewing and scenery.
- The lodge features 76 rooms with private bathrooms that have shower attachments and bathtubs.
- All rooms have a view over the Serengeti plains, and are naturally ventilated and fitted with mosquito nets over the air vents.
- Lobo has a superb and irresistible natural rock swimming pool with excellent panoramic views of the Serengeti Plain.
- Meals are served in the Fig Tree Restaurant prepared by well-trained chefs serving a variety of international and local menus
- The Laguna Lounge bar offers a wide selection of exotic cocktails and a selection of board games offered for guest’s entertainment.
- Other services include housekeeping and laundry, currency exchange and communication facilities like telephone and radio.
Lobo Wildlife Lodge offers from its romantic and remote location in the North of Serengeti National Park a unique action-packed safari adventure.
Nature lovers will enjoy wildlife in its pure essence through amazing activities:
- Day wildlife watching
- Game drives
- Photographic safaris
- Specialized migration safaris
- Ornithological safaris
- Hot air balloon safaris
- Romantic picnics in the wilderness
Nomad Serengeti Safari Camp
Nomad Serengeti Safari Camp was designed with a purpose in mind; to shadow the wildebeest migration as it covers hundreds of miles of the Serengeti National Park each year . This camp offers one of the best chances of finding the wildebeest migration away from the crowds.
- Serengeti Safari Camp has just 6 large walk-in meru tents, with a dressing area and then an en-suite bathroom at the rear. The tents are beautifully appointed and decorated with local fabrics and artifacts.
- New eco-flush toilets and safari-style bucket showers, as well as jugs of hot and cold water delivered as and when you’d like them.
- The main dining tent sits in the middle of the line of tents, with the fireplace right in front and a separate library. Here, food and service are of a high standard here without being too luxurious
- A fully stocked bar tent is also nearby, offering a selection of spirits, wines, beers and ice, all complementary.
- Serengeti Safari Camp is one of the only places in the Serengeti where you’ll get a private vehicle and guide as standard for the duration of your stay.
Kirawira Luxury Tented Camp – Western Serengeti
Kirawira Luxury Camp is a permanent luxury lodge in the Serengeti National Park. Styled to replicate the elegant hunting camps of such legendary ‘white hunters’ as Denys Finch Hatton and Baron Bror Blixen, it is located adjacent to the famous western corridor of the Serengeti National Park – arena of the ‘Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth’, the annual migration of over one million wildebeest. Kirawira Camp is designed in typically Edwardian style featuring an elegant central meeting tent evocatively furnished with a tasteful selection of chintz-covered chaises longues, jewel-hued Persian rugs, antique escritoires, wind-up phonograms, leather-bound traveling cases, brass shooting sticks, carved rocking chairs and stud-backed smoking chairs.
- This camp has 25 luxury tents, each with a private terrace and a parsonal valet.
- Each tent has its own ensuite bathroom with flushed WCs and showers.
- The essentially colonial ambiance of the tented-rooms evokes colorful memories of the famous safaris of days gone.
- Camp has a nice swimming pool with stunning views of the Serengeti plains.
- Elegant tented dining tents with full silver service.
- The extensive menus, meanwhile, feature full English breakfasts and five-course luncheons and suppers comprising delicate soups, lavish roasts, classic salads, home-made sorbets, local cheese boards and fresh-brewed Arabica coffee, whilst the extensive wine cellar reflects the best of both European and South African choices
- Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
- Gift shop, business centre, WiFi
- The camp has 24-hour electricity
- The camp specializes in the annual wildebeest migration. Wildlife and game safaris can also be organized.
- Guided walking safaris by a ranger can be organized by camp staff. Local village visits to the Maasai and Wakuria just outside the park can also be arranged.
Migration Camp Serengeti
Migration camp is a small tented camp, nestled in the Ndassiata Hills in Northern Serengeti and overlooking the Grumeti river. Hidden among rocky outcrops, otherwise known as ‘kopjes’, Migration is a camp that exudes a decadence reminiscent of Old Africa. The camp has become synonymous with low impact yet high action game viewing in a landscape that is untouched since the dawn of time.
- Migration camp features 20 luxurious elevated tents, each with ensuite bathroom, separate shower, hairdryer, mosquito netting enclosing the entire room and private 360 degrees veranda.
- The tents are spacious and richly furnished, while the entire camp seem to blend seamlessly into the surroundings.
- The main public areas comprise of a two level lounge and bar area. Adjacent to the lounge is the swimming pool, restaurant area and breakfast terrace.
- • The old double-storey library and long, low-level dining area remain essentially unchanged, with excellent food being served with spectacular views
- The meals are served in the main restaurant, and are prepared in international and local flavors by professionally trained chefs.
- Migration camp arranges champagne bush breakfast with a half or full day game drives.
- The Camp is in a good location for balloon safaris across the Serengeti. This experience of a lifetime must be booked in advance as it is very popular.
- Cultural activities in the camp include traditional dancing, and slide presentations by camp naturalist.
Sayari Tented Camp
The Sayari camp is a seasonal and usually set up in three different locations in the Serengeti. The camp always follows the migration and is close to it.
Jan-April,camp is located in the piaya, southern Serengeti ; June – September located in Mara River Area in north-western Sereneti while from October to Mid January the camp is based in Soit Sambu, in the North- Eastern part of the Serengeti. The camp is closed during the rain season, April and May.
- The camp has 8 luxury tents which offer comfortable beds and en-suite bathroom facilities, each with a private verandah overlooking the plains of the Serengeti.
- The camp has a lounge/mess tent and a stocked with an African safari library. Guests can also be seen enjoying their evening by meeting other guests and exchange of the day time and watch the stars.
- Guests can enjoy meals prepared by well trained staff either, in the dining room or privately under the millions of stars in the Serengeti sky.
- Activities in the camp include among other things, game drives, photographic safaris, flying camping as well as weddings and honeymoons.
Kusini camp is a permanent camp in the southwestern area of Serengeti National Park. The camp is set on a rocky outcrop or kopje and blends into the delicate environment of the predator-rich plains of the Serengeti.
Kusini has a private airstrip and flights from Arusha can take approximately 45 minutes. What makes Kusini a unique camp is its location near the Moru Kopjes, renowned for good resident game, particularly cats, all year round. Rare species such as klipspringer as well as an array of incredible bird life can be sighted.
- This camp has 9 large luxury tents, all set on platforms overlooking the Serengeti plains.
- Bathrooms are ensuite within the main tent and showers have hot water.
- The dining area, lounge and library are in the main public area, which affords spectacular views from its wooden deck. Between definitive wildlife encounters and classic African adventures, guests gather for elegant candlelit meals and safari tales.
- The camp has ‘sundowner’ cocktails as well.
- The menus consist of traditional African meals and continental dishes and African safari cuisine.
- The camp offers superb all year-round game viewing opportunities in open vehicles, as well as guided bush walks.
- Bush breakfast or lunches with advance reservation can be arranged with camp management.
- Sundowners on the lion’s kopje, near the camp can also be arranged as well as visits to the Maasai village.