Kusini camp is a permanent camp in the southwestern area of Serengeti National Park. The camp is set on a rocky outcrop or kopje and blends into the delicate environment of the predator-rich plains of the Serengeti.
Kusini has a private airstrip and flights from Arusha can take approximately 45 minutes. What makes Kusini a unique camp is its location near the Moru Kopjes, renowned for good resident game, particularly cats, all year round. Rare species such as klipspringer as well as an array of incredible bird life can be sighted.
- This camp has 9 large luxury tents, all set on platforms overlooking the Serengeti plains.
- Bathrooms are ensuite within the main tent and showers have hot water.
- The dining area, lounge and library are in the main public area, which affords spectacular views from its wooden deck. Between definitive wildlife encounters and classic African adventures, guests gather for elegant candlelit meals and safari tales.
- The camp has ‘sundowner’ cocktails as well.
- The menus consist of traditional African meals and continental dishes and African safari cuisine.
- The camp offers superb all year-round game viewing opportunities in open vehicles, as well as guided bush walks.
- Bush breakfast or lunches with advance reservation can be arranged with camp management.
- Sundowners on the lion’s kopje, near the camp can also be arranged as well as visits to the Maasai village.