Kirawira Luxur Camp is a permanent luxury lodge in the Serengeti National Park. Styled to replicate the elegant hunting camps of such legendary ‘white hunters’ as Denys Finch Hatton and Baron Bror Blixen, it is located adjacent to the famous western corridor of the Serengeti National Park – arena of the ‘Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth’, the annual migration of over one million wildebeest. Kirawira Camp is designed in typically Edwardian style featuring an elegant central meeting tent evocatively furnished with a tasteful selection of chintz-covered chaises lounges, jewel-hued Persian rugs, antique escritoires, wind-up phonograms, leather-bound traveling cases, brass shooting sticks, carved rocking chairs and stud-backed smoking chairs.
- This camp has 25 luxury tents, each with a private terrace and a personal valet.
- Each tent has its own ensuite bathroom with flushed WCs and showers.
- The essentially colonial ambiance of the tented-rooms evokes colorful memories of the famous safaris of days gone.
- Camp has a nice swimming pool with stunning views of the Serengeti plains.
- Elegant tented dining tents with full silver service.
- The extensive menus, meanwhile, feature full English breakfasts and five-course luncheons and suppers comprising delicate soups, lavish roasts, classic salads, home-made sorbets, local cheese boards and fresh-brewed Arabica coffee, whilst the extensive wine cellar reflects the best of both European and South African choices
- Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
- Gift shop, business center, Wi-Fi
- The camp has 24-hour electricity
- The camp specializes in the annual wildebeest migration. Wildlife and game safaris can also be organized.
- Camp staff can organize guided walking safaris by a ranger. Local village visits to the Maasai and Wakuria just outside the park can also be arranged.