Rufiji River Camp is located in the Northeastern part of the Selous Game Reserve. This camp is situated in the heart of the reserve, in a point where the ample and peaceful river is animated by many and different types of animals.
- Each of the 20 tents is equipped with a private bathroom and a veranda facing the sunset and river. The verandas roofing is made of locale straws (makuti) that creates a perfect place for reading, writing or just relaxing in the shade.
- Protective mosquito nets are also available in each tents.
- A structure in the middle of the camp hosts the restaurant, bar and library, all with a view of the river and sunset.
- Electricity and hot water are powered by solar panels, while a UHV filtered drinking water is available throughout the camp.
- The swimming pool in the camp is favored by guests who desire to relax after the game viewing in the reserve.
- Game drives, boat safaris and guided walks.
Sand Rivers Lodge is set into the rocks on the banks of Rufiji River. It is one of the most luxurious and remote lodges in the Selous Game Reserve. An ancient baobab tree estimated to be more than 1500 years old shades the lodge, thus making it a perfect place for relaxing and gazing out the view of endless water.
· The lodge has eight open-fronted thatched cottages and raised on deck overlooking Rufiji river.
· Each of the rooms have its own spacious bathroom with flush toilets and showers.
· The mail dining room serves lunch and dinner, while breakfast is generally a relaxed affair with options of eating in the lodge or having a bush breakfast under the shade of a tree.
· Electricity in the lodge is solar powered.
· A swimming pool is available for relaxation after daily game drives.
· Game drives, boat safaris and guided walks.