Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel is by far the best place to stay in the Nungwi area.
Located on the northernmost peninsula of Zanzibar Island, Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel overlooks a sparkling expanse of iridescent Indian Ocean, a cluster of whitewashed and palm thatched cottages in rich tropical gardens. Its myriad pathways are shaded by elegant palms, creating soft sun-dappled walkways between beach and banda, balcony and bar.
- The resort offers 32 spacious and luxurious thatched rooms with ensuite bathrooms, balconies and air conditioning.
- All rooms have beautiful hardwood furniture, opulent fabrics, and handcrafted four-poster beds shrouded beneath billowing mosquito nets.
- The restaurant serves elegant and appetizing menus from an abundance of local ingredients, including coconut and aromatic spices, the finest array of seafood and plenty of heavenly tropical fruit.
- The hotel has a swimming pool, the only one in the Nungwi area, a slick dive and deep-sea fishing operation and all the watersport facilities you could wish for in a beach resort.
- There is table tennis, darts and mountain bikes that can be hired to explore the hotel’s immediate environs
- The hotel’s on-site watersports center offers a range of activities including scuba diving, deep sea fishing, snorkeling, wind-surfing, kayaking and traditional dhow cruises
- Enjoy daily excursions to Prison Island tour and Jozani Forest tour. Take the historical Stone Town tour or the Spice tour