This Lodge is set on a working coffee and arable farm just outside Karatu, a short drive from Lake Manyara and less than an hour from Ngorongoro Crater. This is an excellent place to spend a night or two between visits to Tarangire or Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater and visits can be easily arranged to either from here.
- The lodge’s 16 rooms lie generously distributed throughout the flowering garden, some with verandas and direct access to the garden.
- Individuality is a major feature of Plantation Lodge, where each room has its own style, choice accessories and bouquets of fresh flowers from the garden that put the cherry on the cake.
- Lodge has pretty gardens with views over the adjacent farmland.\
- There is also a swimming pool area, is where guests can relax while sipping sundowners after a dusty and unforgettable safari.
- Other facilities include a gift shop with African products & post cards.
- He lodge has a dining room, whose menus are derived from vegetables, salads, herbs and fruit grown in the lodges vegetable gardens.
- A visit to a coffee plantation can be arranged from the lodge by enquiring the front desk personnel. Here you will learn how coffee beans are treated and what steps are needed to make this delicious and aromatic beverage.
- Colorful birds such as Fisher’s lovebirds or the yellow-billed sunbird can easily be seen from the lodge’s gardens.
- With one of our staff you will visit one of the farms adjacent to the lodge. Here you will gain an insight into African country life: You will see how the people on the farm live and work.
- Relax luxuriously with a massage and feel newborn afterwards. Make an appointment with our qualified masseuse and spoil yourself.