Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge is built on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater with its walls, terraces skillfully set to match the existing contours of the site, thus blending completely into the landscape. This lodge, camouflaged in river-stone and cloaked in indigenous creepers, is almost invisible from the floor of the crater, 600 meters below.
- The lodge has 75 rooms, which enjoy uninterrupted views over the Crater’s unmatched splendor. Each of the rooms has a private balcony. The room interior features brass lamps, maasai carvings, embossed leather headboards and pre historic wall motifs depicting fleeing giraffes and buffaloes.
- The rooms have en suite bathrooms, well decorated with hand-painted cave-type illustrations and styled throughout.
- The Maasai inspired split-level dining and bar area feature a two-tier wall of windows looking down on to the constantly changing vistas of the crater.
- The dining room serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, presented in buffet-style and features a wide range of international choices.
- The lodge has a business center, gift shop as well as a tented conference center.