Ndutu Safari Lodge is located on the southeastern sector of the Serengeti ecosystem. Lodge is conveniently located close to the Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and Olduvai gorge. The lodge is not located at or nearby the Ngorongoro Crater, but falls within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The Lodge is surrounded by giant plat-topped acacias, with Lake Ndutu glittering beyond. Tucked well away from the busy tourist circuit, Ndutu offers peace and tranquility far from the madding crowd. This is the only lodge from which the spectacle of the wildebeest migration can be witnessed during the calving season.
- The lodge consists of 34 cottages, built from local materials. These well maintained rooms have ensuite bathrooms and they have private verandahs facing Lake Ndutu.
- Out of the 34 rooms, ten of them have a double bed, 5 have triple beds (which can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children). All other rooms have 2 single beds.
- The rooms at Ndutu lodge are handicapped accessible.
- A dining room offers renowned cuisine with menu derived from local fresh produce from nearby Karatu or Arusha town.
- Meals consist of breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as complementary tea, coffee and biscuits available all day in the lounge area.
- The lodge has electricity from their generators, which run from 5:30am – 1:00pm and from 6:00pm – 11:30pm.
- Guests are welcomes for a gathering around the campfire every evening. For those not wanting to sit outside, the bar always provides a cozy and warm atmosphere.
- Laundry, telephone, Internet services and gift shop items are available in the lodge.
- Safe deposit services are also available at the lodge reception desk.
- A 2-hour nature walk is available, accompanied by a ranger.
- The lodge also arranges day wildlife watching and game drives in the Serengeti or the Ngorongoro Crater floor.