This oldest guesthouse in Northern Tanzania is located near the entrance of Ngorongoro Crater, about five kilometers from the village of Karatu. The lodge is perched on a 75- acre coffee farm, surrounded by terraced flower gardens and ancient trees. Lodge is located midway between Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater.
- The lodge has 17 beautifully decorated guest cottages, which provide an elegant and comfortable home away from home with all of the cozy comforts. These rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
- A cottage with a common living area and two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms is available for families or couples traveling together.
- The Main Farmhouse Dining Room is open seven days a week, year-round, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The kitchen staff are renowned for creating rich, earth-friendly menus, utilizing fresh, local and seasonal foods whenever possible.
- The ‘Zawadi’ (Gift) Boutique offers a wonderful selection of unique East African books, artwork, carvings, textiles, decorative art, exotic jewelry and Gibb’s Farm’s special organic Arabica coffee.
- The lodge organizes a personalized bird walks around the lodge. Guests can also get a chance to visit a nearby waterfall and see caves made by elephants.
- Experience the coffee roasting process daily on the patio or walk or drive to the local Iraqw village, a tribe that has inhabited the immediate Ngorongoro highlands for over 200 years.