Arusha coffee lodge is a small luxury hotel built on a working coffee plantation just outside of Arusha town. This is an absolutely wonderful place to begin and end your adventure in Tanzania. Inspired by a traditional working coffee plantation, the owners have created an amazing interactive guest experience, with accommodation to the highest level of comfort.
- The lodge has 23 luxury rooms including a honeymoon suite in a converted stable block and several chalets.
- Each chalet is spaced throughout the lush coffee grove to ensure privacy and solitude. One of the nicest features is the private wooden deck attached to each chalet which overlooks the coffee plantation. As the majority of arrivals are at night, the deck offers a great morning spot to experience your first sights and sounds of Africa.
- There is a swimming pool and spa area behind the reception and restaurant area. The gift shop is located in the main complex and houses some great gift ideas though it’s a bit pricey compared to the local shops.
- The lodge serves excellent food from a diverse menu with most of the ingredients supplied by local farms.
- Local day trip tours to Arusha or shopping to the nearby Cultural Heritage, where wood carving called Makonde Arts are sold along with a wide variety of Tanzanite gemstones.
- Go for a day trip to nearby attraction, including game drives in Arusha National Park, visiting the Arusha town or trekking Mount Meru.
- Other activities include swimming, shopping and relaxing at the spa or taking a day trip.